Friday, March 20, 2009

Going to the Hamptons for your Choco-Vodka Fix - Hamptons Chocoraspberry Vodka


Hamptons Chocolate Raspberry Vodka




None of you will want to come to my house for cocktails if you think I only serve flavored vodkas! I assure you I have funkier stuff in my liquor cabinet(s) so beware!
I came across the Hamptons vodkas when I was a wine sales rep and while waiting for wine buyers I would peruse their shelves and feign interest in something other than what I was hawking. It was always interesting to me which spirits made it into the store apart from the usual suspects of Absolut, Bacardi, Johnny Walker, etc. I also happen to have a boyfriend who likes to drink vodka and eat chocolate, AND raspberries. When I saw the Hamptons chocolate raspberry vodka I nearly fainted because I thought I'd hit the trifecta. So $35 later, I had the vodka in my home.
I came up with a couple of cocktails... Hamptons Choco Vodka, Godiva Choco liqueur and cream. and just over ice with some raspberry seltzer is nice too. Hamptons makes a good product. Their other flavors are Banana (don't judge - it's really smooth and refreshing) Cherry Vanilla, and they also produce a regular unflavored vodka and a gin. They have a bunch of cocktail ideas on their website http://www.hamptonsvodka.com/ here's one of them:

Hamptons Lobster Sublime
A cup of Hamptons Vodka and lemon juice. A cup of melted butter. Dip the lobster into the vodka/lemon first, then in the melted butter cup...Sublime!
The Hamptons Vodka operation started in 1999. They are pretty mysterious about where their distillery is and why the take that cringe-worthy name when they are bottled in Minnesota. Regardless, the vodka is distilled from 100% Yellow Corn, quadrupled filtered, and "using double filtered Pure spring water. Because of the Natural sweetness of the yellow corn, we DO NOT add sugar, glucose, artificial sweeteners, or preservatives to our vodkas."
Let's do the taste test!
color: clear
nose: cocoa powder, rubbing alcohol
palate intense chocolate and raspberry coulis along - long finish - the alcohol is very apparent, but then again it is vodka and they usually have that rubbing alcohol quality to me.

No comments: